Aberrant Ales, of Howell, MI, is hiring an Assistant Brewer/Cellar Position!
Please send a resume and brief blurb of why you will be a good fit to
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
• Assisting with milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters, racking beer from Fermenters to Brite Beer tanks, and ensuring all brewing processes are recorded properly.
• Keep Brewing Facility clean and functional at all times
• Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult supervisor about cleaning needs, and perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standard including tanks, Brewhouse, kegs and other packaging, and other equipment as directed.
• Assist with inventory counts of finished beer, grain, hops, and other raw materials inventory.
• Follow inventory procedures for all raw materials, chemicals, beer, cooperage, small parts, packaging, supplies etc. and report deficiencies to supervisor.
• Assist with inventory counts as needed.
• Monitor quality, temperature, pressure, gravities, DO, and carbonation of beers in tanks, in package, and at the Tap Room on a daily basis.
• Participate in beer tasting panels
• Work with Head Brewer to develop and keep an improvement log on all issues as they develop.
• Represent Aberrant Ales at various events, festivals and promotions. Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns.
• Follow all brewery and Aberrant Ales policies and procedures and follow current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc.
• Label all kegs and other package product in accordance with federal and state law using appropriate keg collars, labels and date codes.
• Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
• Comply with SOPs and assist in updating as needed.
• Experience with MSWord, MSExcel, Google Docs.
• Ability to routinely lift up to 60#.
• Ability to work safely in wet and/or cold conditions.