Join us for an afternoon seminar on the importance of water quality in fermentation production at Lansing Brewing Co. The day kicks off with a deeper understanding of PFAS and its affects on our communities in the Great Lakes Region. We will then dive deep into water characteristics and brewery water use followed by a discussion on wastewater issues for brewery and food production. We will look at wastewater solutions for these production companies and discuss the importance of implementing solutions for your company.
The second half of the day will focus on water types for brewing and distilling purposes and how flavor is impacted. We will also taste four samples of a distilled spirit proofed down with four different types of water. This will demonstrate the importance of water types for the end product.
Fermenta and non-Fermenta members are welcome to join!
Topics & speakers include:
- PFAS & Its Affects on Our Communities -- Representative Sheryl Kennedy -- Michigan's 48th District
- Water Characteristics & Brewery Applications -- Rudy Othmer, Enerco
- Wastewater Solutions -- Annie Weidert, Regional Manager, Americas -- BioGill
- Importance of Water Types and Brewing -- Tyler Glaze, Director of Quality -- Short's Brewing Co.
- Water Use in Distilling & Spirits -- Alyssa Hughes, Production Manager/Distiller -- Ann Arbor Distilling Co.
- Navigating the Flint Water Crisis -- Jason Caya -- Tenacity Brewing
Your ticket also includes:
Purchase Tickets HERE.
- 1 beer (ticket when you check in)
- Appetizers buffet
Doors Open at 11:30 a.m.. Speakers begin at 12:00 p.m.
There will be a 50/50 Raffle during the event. All proceeds go to our Scholarship Fund!