Below you will find a list of Fermenta continuing education opportunities that are offered at this time. Please review the requirements and details for each offering before you apply. Here is a general information page that explains in detail the types of continuing education opportunities Fermenta offers.
If you have any questions about the details or requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Requirements for Fermenta Continuing Education Opportunities:
- You must be female, 21 years of age and a current Fermenta member Active Professional or Associate).
- Applications must be received by the deadline listed.
- Only one application per member per opportunity will be accepted.
- Members may only win once per Scholarship category (Beginner or Entry Level, Continuing Education, Certifications & Conferences) every 12 month period. Within 12 months, you are eligible to win multiple scholarships, as long as each scholarship is in a unique category.
- Scholarships not used within 12 months of receipt will be forfeit.
- Recipients must provide feedback of the experience to Fermenta in the form of a written report, online blog, photo album, in-person presentation, or other mutually agreed upon format.
- Rights to publish such report and photographs of the winner are granted to Fermenta.
- Board Members and Scholarship Committee Members are ineligible to win
*Continuing Education Committee will not see the name of the applicant when looking at their application
- Beer Savvy Bootcamp in Grand Rapids
Date: July 11th
Location: Waldron Public House, Grand Rapids, MI
Time: 3-7 pm
Application Due Date: June 27th
Details: Boost your beer IQ and prepare for the Certified Beer Server exam with this fun, interactive class put on by the Cicerone Certification Program — the leaders in beer service certification and training.
During this class you will:
- Learn the difference between taste and flavor
- Taste different types of malt
- Smell hops from the US and Europe
- Taste and study six foundational beer styles
- Understand the common variations that occur in beer styles
- See how other styles relate to the core six
- Learn how to talk about the flavor of any beer with customers
- Participate in creating flavor descriptions for six classic beers
- Review proper beer service for bottles and draft
- Experience a common off flavor caused by poor beer management
- Learn how to spot a dirty beer glass from across the room
Participants also receive a short book of readings and resources to help them prepare for the Certified Beer Server exam. Combined with the class, this book will prepare individuals to take the exam and join the ranks of more than 60,000 beer professionals who have achieved this certification. (Note: the cost of the class does not include the exam.)
Class Value: $99 per person.