FERMENTA is a non-profit initiated by Michigan women, committed to diversity, camaraderie, networking, and education within the craft beverage industry.
If you are a professional women in the fermented craft beverage industry, a women interested and/or active and interested in the industry, or a man or corporation interested in supporting women in the industry, then you qualify to be a Fermenta member.
Fermenta offers four membership tiers. To understand which tier fits you best, click here.
Why should I be a Fermenta member?
- $5 of your Professional, Associate, or Supporting annual membership is donated to the Fermenta Scholarship Fund for continuing educational opportunities
- Promotion of your craft beverage-related businesses/projects
- Fermenta is growing a network that can offer you shadowing and short-term internship opportunities (coming soon)
- Scholarship opportunities for continuing education in diverse areas of the craft industry
- Networking opportunities to grow your professional network
- Discounts at monthly Fermenta events
When do I have to renew my membership?
- All memberships need to be renewed one year from the date of purchase.
Where do my membership dues go?
Fermenta is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit. In addition to the $5 donated to our scholarship fund, membership dues go towards the creation and execution of monthly Fermenta events; this allows us to provide events for a reasonable cost or no cost to members. The scholarship fund provides scholarships to members for continuing education opportunities. To read more about our scholarship opportunities, click here.
Funds may also be used to help spread the word about Fermenta in the form of business cards, t-shirts, etc.