Events Coordinator (1 Candidate- Annette May is re-running)
The Events Coordinator is the lead director for oversight of Fermenta events. The Events Coordinator shall be the primary contact person for all Fermenta events, involved in creating, organizing, promoting, and implementing event details. She is responsible for delegating and overseeing responsibilities for each event.
- Creating ideas for events that involve Fermenta’s objectives of education, camaraderie, networking, and fundraising
- Contacting owners/managers of establishments to start the process of organizing an event in a suitable establishment
- Meeting with owners/managers of establishments to organize details of event. If unable to meet in person, then organizing conference calls, Skype sessions etc.
- Requesting that the owner/manager of the establishment that is hosting the event consider donating some proceeds of the event to Fermenta’s scholarship fund
- Instigating and organizing all aspects of the event
- Coordinating with our President and Communications Director concerning marketing the event
- Creating the “Event” on Fermenta’s Facebook Events page
- Appointing and guiding sub-committees to help with all aspects of events if needed
- Attending the event to represent Fermenta and ensure that all is running smoothly, including set-up and breakdown
- Appointing a proxy if unable to attend the event
- Thanking the establishment after the event
- Liaising with the Fermenta board on all the above via email and/or phone
Time: About 8 hours a week